Sunday, December 03, 2006
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
This is a recipe I make every year for Christmas dinner.. My stepmom has made this every year for Christmas for ages and I loved it soooo much that I asked her for the recipe years ago..But since then I've changed the "sour cream" to "cream cheese" because it makes this dish extra creamy and taste a bit better .. I usually serve this with smoked Christmas ham . If you make it and have a lot of guest over for dinner make sure you double this recipe because it goes fast ! This is a delicious casserole :)


Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole

20 oz. package frozen hashbrowns (shredded or cubed)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. cream cheese - softened
1/4 c. milk
chopped onion to taste (if desired)
2 c. corn flake crumbs (optional )

Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Mix soup, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and milk (onion if desired) in bowl until creamy.
You can add more milk if it seems thick.
Fold potatoes into cheese mixture.
Pour potato mixture into a greased baking dish.

(optional )Sprinkle corn flake crumbs over top.
Bake 45-50 minutes.

Enjoy!