Monday, October 23, 2006
Halloween Is Almost Here..

Halloween is one of the reasons fall is one of my seasons.. There is something magical & enchanting about the month of October .. Every year since my son was born we have made it a family tradition to create scarry jack-o-lanterns out of pumpkins and watch scarry movie's during the week prior to halloween. I'll be honest, I really do not cook scarry halloween recipes, most of the goodies I make this time of the year are cookies & pumpkin base recipes. But I have a feeling when my son is a bit older he's going ask me to create some of those scarry edible halloween goodies that a lot of people like to create for halloween parties . Since we are never home on halloween I really do not see any reason to make scarry/creepy halloween recipes at the moment ( we usually attend halloween events or trick or treat on Oct 31st) So I thought I would add a recipe that my mom use to make (from her old recipe file box) that I now make for halloween.. It's not a "halloween" recipe, but it seems to hit the spot by the time October comes into full swing. Feel free to use this recipe at any time of year.. ( These cookies make wonderful treats to put inside "trick or treaters" bags when they come to your door, just wrap a cookie up in orange or black clear color plactic wrap to give the cookies a halloween color touch )



No Bake Cookies

2 cups of Oatmeal
1/2 cup penanut butter
1/4 cup dry cocoa
1/2 stick of butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 tea spoon of salt
1/2 cup of milk
1 tea spoon of vanilla
Wax paper



In a medium saucepan combine cocoa, butter, sugar, salt & milk, heat on medium then; stir occassionally. When it begins to boil, cook for one minute & a half. Remove from heat and add oatmeal,peanut butter & vanilla, stir until it's mixed well then use two table spoons( one table spoon is for scooping and the other spoon is for pushing the cookie mixture off from the other table spoon onto wax paper..) Makes sure you work fast and don't let it sit too long in the pan because the cookie mixture gets hard quick once you add the oatmeal.

I can honestly say, this No-Bake Cookie recipe of my mom's is still the best recipe I have ever used, these cookies blow away any No-bake cookies you can buy at the grocery store!